As a coach, people sometimes think I have all the answers...
No one does.
The truth is, in order to be successful, sometimes the athlete needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves some questions...
...so let me ask YOU....have you asked yourself any of these questions?
* What can I do better?
* What "tools" do I need to have in my "toolbox" that I DON'T have right now, in order to have my best chance for success on race day?
* What specific challenges does my "A" priority race-course(s) present to me, that I am not yet ready to meet and conquer?
* Am I being honest with myself about my weaknesses and my strengths, and am I addressing them as honestly as I can?
* Am I taking time each day and each succeeding week, to learn and to master skills, accepting and understanding that until I become more skilled and smarter in my training, my opportunities for improvement will be limited?
* Am I remembering to think long term (vs short term) about my overall growth as an athlete and person, with respect to race planning and day to day training?
* Am I relaxing when I need to, tensing when I need to, and prioritizing training as I need to?
* Am I staying in the moment, doing my best in each rep, set, and training session, knowing that this might be the single biggest factor to improving over the long term?
* And....most importantly...am I enjoying this journey as fully as I should be and need to be, in order to truly feel great about myself and the sacrifices I have made, when this season is behind me?
I've given you a lot to think about here. I believe these questions can have a powerful impact on your potential for future success.
As I said, I don't have all the answers. However, I am committed to doing my best to help YOU on your quest toward greatness. Onward!