Today I am pleased to welcome Troy M. Anderson of Anderson Training Systems as a guest on our podcast.
Troy is an RKC Kettlebell Instructor, a DVRT Master Instructor, and most importantly perhaps, is a self described "farm kid driven to spread the good word of the ACCESSIBILITY of kettlebells, sandbags, bodyweight training, and UN-Apologetic Living."
Because I'm a believer in the value of the kettlebell as an awesome training tool to get stronger AND improve movement quality, and because I've had the opportunity to see some of the great work Troy is doing out in his training space in Tempe, Arizona and also online, I thought it would be beneficial to bring him onto the podcast and have him share some of his insights with all of you.
Among the topics we discuss:
- Strength Training: A plethora of strength related info, such as his philosophy, his favorite training tools and toys, and some of the valuable and hard earned lessons he's learned along the way.
- Getting leaner: What works and what doesn't to really drop unwanted body fat.
- Why he looks at training with the kettlebell a bit differently than most trainers (and the benefits which can be gained by taking a different approach).
- What you can learn from his experience as someone who lifted very heavy weights at one time (the day he lifted the most weight ever, was also the last day he tried to).
- His passion for making the "bell" and other tools like the sandbag, "accessible" for every person, regardless of age, size, or talent!
If you'd like to read more:
- Check out Troy's website, Alpha Kettlebell , which features a ton of interesting kettlebell workouts.
- Troy recently published an interesting article on the Dragon Door website called Swing 2.0: An Athletic and Accessible Approach.
I'd like to convey my sincerest thanks to Troy for joining me today. Even though most of you reading this are endurance athletes who sometimes can find yourself shying away from big strong dudes like Troy, I know you will learn a great deal, so tune in and enjoy! Happy Trails everyone!