2014 was a banner year for Team Pursuit Athletic Performance.
It isn’t just that we have expanded into a new training space on the top of Inspiration lane in Chester, Connecticut (with a completely new offering of classes and clinics for kids and adults in many different sports) OR that our team has grown at an unprecendented rate of speed. No, it’s a lot more than just about a new training center or the numbers.
So what has made 2014 such a banner year?
Simply put, it has been the heart and soul of our team and our company, it is the people.
From novice to elite (and regardless of the sport), the person who finds a home as a member of Team Pursuit is friendly, supportive, humble, smart, compassionate, fun-loving and hard working. Our trainers and coaches are the same!
The start of the new year is a great time to reflect on why we are so proud of the work we do AND the athletes who make up our team.
So why should you choose Team Pursuit Athletic Performance? Here are five reasons why….
- Fun, comraderie, sharing, hard work and achievement – together. Some teams or groups exist solely for the betterment of its leaders or to help someone else profit. Team Pursuit exists primarily to help make a real difference and empower ordinary people to achieve extraordinary things, amidst a genuine spirit of sharing, humility, fun, and comraderie.
- Training for the betterment of the body, not to its detriment. Team Pursuit athletes believe that the ultimate ‘goal’ is to be in the game for the long term. They don’t believe that any short term goal is worth sacrificing their body and damaging it for the long term. Some see training through injury as a sign of toughness, but not Team Pursuit. Many of our present day team members were once consistently injured and grew tired of it. You can read about their stories of redemption to a new better way to live and train. There really IS a better way. You CAN go faster than ever and be truly healthy too!
- Balance in all things. Family, sport, work, friends, community…they ALL matter and all are important for any person to lead a satisfying, rewarding, happy life. Balance might be the most over used cliche’ word ever written, yet Team Pursuit athletes don’t just give lip service to it. We preach it when it comes to our body and we LIVE it when it comes to how we reach higher and seek to explode our potential, on AND off the race course. Our own first-of-its-kind “Functional Well-Being” coaching program is just one example.
- Learning. Team Pursuit athletes might be defined most by this single concept: they love to learn! Life long learners achieve more, enjoy the training process more, and ultimately go faster too.
- Our staff of coaches, trainers, and sports medicine professionals is the very best available, anywhere. Rarely will you ever find the very best sports medicine advice AND professional coaching and racing expertise all under one roof. Combine those with a staff of dedicated professional coaches and trainers, and a team full of people who cherish the opportunity to reach out to each other and help, and you truly have a winning combination that is hard to beat.
2015 is going to be one amazing year! We invite you to consider joining us on the journey!
Happy New Year to all!