Team Pursuit Athletic Performance – the virtual key to unlocking anybody and everybody's potential.
I really don't want you to read any further … because I am going to tell you the secrets.
This information will make the competition more intense and allow more people to compete and complete any triathlon or running race in the US.
Let me tell you about our team, our coach/doc combo, my teammates, and my short story.
Our team philosophy is focused around building a solid foundation of Mobility, Flexibility, and Stability before moving on to the Functional Strength and Sport-specific Training. This very individualized approach to uncovering areas to work on makes the virtual nature of the team and team coaching work very well.
Coach Al Lyman and Doc Kurt Strecker
These two professionals specialize in assessing each individual who contacts them and through a series of questionnaires and on-line discussions, Skype sessions, and/or talking on the phone they help you find your first step. Improvement is about making one step at a time and ensuring that your next step/choice/decision is a good one. Through authentic and honest feedback and individual thought and response they will help every single individual uncover their particular weaknesses and guide you through a process of working on them. A series of small incremental steps can make huge gains in a very short period of time – for anyone and everyone.
Team Pursuit Athletic Performance Members
We all have very different backgrounds, live all over the US and Europe, have different types of jobs, and very different skills.
What we have in common are the following three things:
- A passion for sport as a lifelong part of our lives.
- A commitment for growing every day, one step at a time.
- A need to address some weakness (usually related to running) and/or fear (usually related to the swimming leg).
I don't know how I know these three things to be facts, because honestly I don't really even know my teammates very well. We do communicate through an on-line forum and Facebook and even occasionally race together when we hit them at the same time.
What I do know, is they are true.
Here’s a representative snapshot of our team:
- We have a nationally ranked elite woman’s ultra-runner, mother of two, and business woman
- We have a 5 or 6–time (we lost count) female Iroman age-group World Champion who has three small children and she helps run a small business
- We have first time runners
- We have first time triathletes
- We have male and female Ironman and Half-Ironman age groupers who have qualified for and competed in both Ironman and Half-Ironman World Championships
- We have people who are learning to swim AND nationally ranked former collegiate swimmers
- We have former competitive bike racers and people who have not ridden a bike since they were a kid
My short story – one example of how Coach Al and Doc Strecker have impacted me:
I found "PAP" in July of 2012, after a physical breakdown while trying to complete Ironman Coeur D'Alene in 2012. I had done over 120 triathlons over almost 27 years by that point in my career. That next spring I had a 30 minute "PR" in my first half ironman race nine months after starting with PAP. But this note is not about my story, rather about how Coach Al and Doc have changed my life in triathlon and work.
Life happens to all of us, and my story of transformative change started early on a Sunday morning July 27th 2014, click on the short video story of my journey since then and the impact Al and Kurt have had on my life.
So what I want you to know, is that regardless of whether you live in Timbuktu, Kansas, Maine, Florida, Europe or anywhere else -- or if you want to be world champion, a weekend warrior, compete into your 70's, or just complete a 10K, triathlon of any distance, or an ultra-marathon -- check out the Pursuit Athletic Performance website or contact Coach Al Lyman or Doc Kurt Strecker.
Get started NOW on transforming your racing, training, and your life.
Have a great week everyone!
~Paul Scholz (teammate, triathlete, father, husband, and change agent)