Hi Everyone. Coach Al here. Today I'm thrilled to share an interview I did with elite ultra-runner Debbie Livingston. Debbie and I have worked together for a few years as coach/athlete. She's well known in local circles as an elite ultra-runner, yoga and pilates teacher, personal trainer, and even as a race director (the Soapstone Mountain trail race sponsored by the Shenipset Striders).
Debbie combines her love of running and racing at a very high level on the trail, with her various roles including mom, wife, citizen, and also as one of our newly appointed coaches here at Pursuit Athletic Performance. We are super excited to have her on board, as she has so much to offer and share with others.
In today's podcast, we get into all manner of topics that we know you'll find interesting.
- Debbie's racing season - what she's done to this point (overall wins at Traprock and Peak 50!), as well as what is coming up (Tahoe Rim Trail 100 in July, among others).
- Debbie's year long journey to find just the right race fuel balance - what she's tried and how it has come together for her.
- Her experience with our Comprehensive Metabolic Profile and how learning about her unique issues with dysbiosis and certain food allergies allowed her to heal her gut and improve her overall health AND performance. (If you missed episode #9 of our podcast, where we discuss the Comprehensive Metabolic Profile in detail, you can listen to it here.)
- How her movement/strength training is progressing and how she considers this an essential component to her success at the ultra-distance.
- Her new role as a coach with Team Pursuit Athletic Performance - what caused her to say "yes" to coaching, and what the future holds for her with our team.
- Her trip out to the Western States 100 next week to help support and pace one of her friends, competitor Larrisa Dannis, as she competes in Western States. (I'll be out there as well, first to attend the "Medicine and Science in Ultra-Endurance Sports" Conference, and then to volunteer on race day. Really excited!)
- And much more!
Thank you Debbie for joining me. I had a blast chatting with you! I'm looking forward to seeing you out in Squaw Valley!