Dedicated to helping ALL athletes become stronger, faster, and more injury-resistant.
Al Lyman, CSCS, FMS, HKC
Coach Al is the owner/founder of Pursuit Fitness, LLC, a nationally recognized coaching company for endurance athletes, where he has been coaching athletes of all ability levels from novice to elite, since 1999. Among the many athletes Coach Al has helped reach their ultimate potential is 5-time 40-44, 45-49, 50-54 Age Group Ironman World Champion and course record holder, Lisbeth Kenyon. Besides being certified by USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, the National Strength and Conditioning Association (CSCS), the American Swim Coaches Association, and the Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research (Fitness Specialist), Coach Al is also certified as:
- Functional Movement Screen provider (FMS)
- Certified Fascial Stretch Therapist
- USA Weightlifting Level 1 Sport Performance Coach
- HKC certified Kettlebell instructor
- Clinical Gait Analysis by Medical Motion, a subsidiary of Sports Motion, Inc.
As an athlete, Coach Al is a 25-time marathon finisher with a personal best of 2:39 at the Boston Marathon, and a nine-time Ironman Triathlon finisher, including three finishes at the Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii.