So here we are, it’s almost April 1st! Did it seem to you that the first three months of the year have just flown by?
Let me ask you two straight forward, honest questions:
1. Would you be interested if I said I could show you one simple (but not necessarily easy) exercise that could (nearly) instantly, give you a STABLE core? No BS here – I’m very serious. Done well, this particular exercise works almost like “magic.”
2. And what if I could also save you valuable time and energy by showing you one popular exercise you’re probably doing that is a serious waste of your training time and effort?
I’m going to assume if you’ve read this far, the answer is YES to both of those. So let me start with question #2, the exercise that is A WASTE. What is it you ask?
It is the basic 4-point, front (aka prone) plank.
Now listen, I know a lot of athletes love this one because you get that “burn” in your abs (yes, I do occasionally use this plank to transition between right and left SIDE planks), and it does make you feel mentally “tough” to gut out long planks, BUT… if your mission is to avoid injury and run faster, this version of a plank just won’t do it for you.
To learn more about the “WHY,” take time to listen to this podcast where Doc Strecker and I go into great detail (and hopefully set the record straight) about this exercise.
Now to question #1, if you REALLY want a more stable and strong core, that’ll help you get faster and go farther, the Half Front Plank with a reach, IS IT.
Now you might be thinking, this is much “easier” than a full front plank and certainly, something that “simple” can’t possibly make a difference. But you would be wrong on both counts.
A Simple (But Seriously NOT Easy) Plank To Get Stable
Don’t believe me?
I challenge you to TRY IT exactly as Dr. Strecker describes it (and demonstrates it) in the 3.5 minute video (click on the image to the left) and then let me know how it goes for you.
In fact, I challenge you to videotape yourself doing it and send it to me. I guarantee I will get back to you with a critique, and offer some tips on how you can improve.
Listen, I know your time is valuable and mine is too. I’ve been at this way too long to waste time. I’m giving you the straight scoop here, it’s up to you to see if I’m right.
Try it. Video yourself and then email me to let me know you’re sending video. (Dropbox is best to send video. Note that I will NOT open it unless I hear from you first via email).
Trust me, it may look easy but to do it well, is NOT easy.
It’s up to you. You can get REAL results, or you can choose to waste your time doing dumb, pointless exercises like the basic 4-point front plank.
But if you ask me, life is too short to waste time on useless exercises. As I said before, this year is flying by!
PS: If you’re interested in digging into this Half Front Plank with a Reach a bit more, I shot a video for my coached athletes where I get into more detail with a ton of tips on how to make it better. You can check that video out HERE.
PSS: Let’s face it, one of the ONLY real paths for anyone who wants to be proactive and make sure they are doing all they can to age gracefully and get rid of chronic injury once and for all, is to get to the heart of how they’re “moving” and determine definitively where they’re unstable, weak, or imbalanced.
So, because I want to help YOU, for a very limited time only (5 days-this opportunity is gone at the end of the day next Tuesday) and for a limited number of athletes (only 5), I am offering YOU a solution!
That solution is our unique Pursuit Athletic Performance Virtual Gait Analysis at 20% off the normal price of $397.00. That’s right, 20% off!
4 days only; 5 athletes only. Will one of them be you?
The Virtual Gait Analysis Is For You IF:
- You’re tired of nagging pain and you’re frustrated that you can’t run as you’d like to.
- You want answers NOW on what to do to finally resolve the issue forever.
- You aren’t lazy, and are willing to do the work that is required, once you know WHAT to do and HOW to do it.
- You love life and want to keep running for as long as you’re alive!
- You’re a nice person.
The Virtual Gait Analysis Is NOT For You IF:
- You don’t think you need any help determining the cause of the injury. You know it all and might even have the certification to prove it! 🙂
- You a) got advice from a running friend, or b) now have a foam roller you can use, or c) believe running with pain is the price you have to pay to be “good.”
- You believe with a little rest, you’ll be good to go.
- You believe the answer is to run more miles!
- You’re not a nice person.
How Does Our Virtual Gait Analysis Work?
- Go HERE and hit the “Get A Virtual Gait Analysis” Button. During check out, USE THIS COUPON: VGASAVE20 to get 20% off of the normal $299.00 price, but ONLY if you act immediately because it goes away after 5 have been purchased! Coupon code: VGASAVE20
- After you complete the purchase, you’ll receive an instant downloadable PDF with detailed instructions on every single step you need to take, which includes submitting pictures and video to us. It is an easy-to-follow process that works!
- I’ll be in contact with you to help you through every step of the process of submitting what we need to conduct the analysis, should you need us.
- I’ll take all of the information provided and conduct the analysis.
- When I’m done (normally about 4-5 days from the time you have submitted ALL of the information to us), we set up a SKYPE video call with you at a mutually convenient time, where we review everything we learned with you. At that time we will answer any questions you may have. Also included is a complete VGA report that includes a detailed, individualized exercise prescription for addressing YOUR specific issues, as well as all supporting pictures and documentation.
- And then, because you NEED TO KNOW what to do to fix your issue (and how to do it!), we will give you instant access to our website and all of the instructional videos and documents.
You’ll know WHAT to do, HOW to do it, and will be able to contact me directly should you have any questions along the way!
It’s time to stop the insanity.
I want to help YOU! However, I can only help if you take action NOW!
You ARE worth the time, expense and effort. Let me help you return to the healthy, vibrant, happy runner you want to be!