A little early in the year to talk race day nutrition? We don't think so. The time to begin planning a fueling strategy is NOW, and in this podcast we review the many facets of how and why.
We walk you through the following:
- Is there a perfect recipe for training and racing nutrition?
- Which fueling products are best?
- Can gut dysbiosis have an impact on general nutrition and/or race day results?
- How many calories per hour?
- Liquids vs. solids?
- Impact of intensity and temperature?
- What are some guidelines athletes can use in developing a fueling strategy?
We also talk about the essential importance of teaching your body to burn fat as a primary source of fuel. This is a fundamentally important baseline to establish, and we review specific strategies to make this happen that stretch right into your daily nutrition.
We love to talk this stuff! Questions? Fire them up!
Coach Al and Kurt
As a thank you for listening, if you would like to go deeper into this topic, you can sign up below for our webinar "Smart Training and Racing Nutrition." It fleshes out in depth all the topics we cover in the podcast. Enjoy!