Hey triathlete peeps!
Coach Al here with a mid-season check in!
So...how are things going for you?
After all of the off- and early season hopes and dreams, are you achieving your goals at this point in the season?
Are you truly feeling strong, injury free, and ready to tackle the most important events that are coming up for you?
If you’re even a little bit disappointed so far this season, then read on!
Even though it is mid-season, I'm going to ask you to turn your thoughts to looking ahead to 2014, and let me share some thoughts on how that one can be your best season ever!
You know, the athletes at Pursuit Athletic Performance, coached by me and my partner Dr. Kurt Strecker, do things differently.
We consider the athletes we work with on our team and in our lab, enlightened.
By enlightened, I mean:
• They don’t seek to display “toughness” by pushing stupidly through injury. They listen and respect that little voice inside their head telling them how dumb and short sighted that is.
• They don’t add hard repetitive training to their bodies without first looking at their movement quality. They understand that being strong, stable, and mobile ensures the hard work they do actually lifts fitness and results in true, long-lasting improvement.
• They embrace the fact that—finally—an age of enlightened, smart training is here. They understand that as endurance athletes they no longer have to think of getting stronger (functional strength training) and going longer (endurance training) as opposing or dueling training concepts.
• They understand that smart, holistic, and effective triathlon training bridges gaps between the strength world and the endurance world to create happier, healthier, FASTER athlete. Their progression and results provide that living proof.
Biologist J.B.S. Haldane noted that “there are four stages of acceptance":
1. this is worthless nonsense
2. this is an interesting but perverse point of view
3. this is true, but quite unimportant
4. I always said so
In my opinion, this succinctly sums up the way every other coach and triathlon team in the world will eventually react and respond to what we at Pursuit Athletic Performance are doing NOW!
As I look to the future, I am 100% confident that other smarter triathlon coaches will be saying what I have been saying since I first started coaching in 1999:
• They will be recommending that you take the time to LEARN HOW YOU MOVE, before you begin to train your ass off.
• They will be waxing poetically about things like “balance in the body,” “getting compensation and dysfunction out of the body,” and “addressing your individual movement quality first” before getting on with race-specific training.
To be an enlightened, smart, healthier athlete in it for the long haul, and someone who might be a good fit for our triathlon team, you will have to be comfortable with one thing.
One very important thing.
Kurt and I are 100%, completely honest with our athletes.
You won’t ever get any BS from us.
We value your trust, money, and health and care about you as people, not just athletes. We won't waste your time—or ours—by giving you an “easy button,” or some simple training plans designed to destroy you, and thus, make you “feel” tough.
Yes, we are direct and our MISSION is to help athletes be the best they can be.
But...we don’t work with people who seek easy solutions, a quick fix, or the latest fad to try and get faster. If that's your profile, you're not a fit for our coaching or our team. It's as simple as that.
If you choose to join our team or come to us for a gait analysis, you will be asked to look at yourself honestly. We will challenge you to look at and act on the reality, not fantasy, when it comes to how your body is working to handle the rigors of training.
You’ll be tasked with smart work to address the obstacles preventing you from exploding your potential.
You are going to be doing hard work, and plenty of it!
Anyone who knows me will tell you that I’m as passionate as any coach on the planet about helping others to succeed and reach their goals and dreams in this sport!
If you come to see us (or see us virtually by using our Virtual Gait Analysis) or join our triathlon team, you won’t find fluff, filler, or BS. We won’t try to “sell” you on anything, except to believe that the best is locked within you, and if you are willing to look closely and do the work you can be better than ever.
Take a look at our team. Ask the folks who are already members about their success.
If you like what you see and want to learn more, get on our wait list by signing up below. Be in touch and ask questions. GET STARTED ON BEING BETTER THAN EVER!
The future is bright. Get enlightened, make it happen!
All my best,
There was an issue loading your timed LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.